Saturday 6 October 2012

The mantram

Dear all,
   I had mentioned about passage meditation and Eknath Eswaran in a previous post. Well, one of the common sense directions that he advocates is the repeating of a mantram. So, what is the mantram?

   Each of us is free to choose a mantram which has some special meaning to us. And then what? Repeat it. Repeat it as many times as possible. Repeat whenever possible. Repeat when you're happy. Repeat when you're sad. Repeat when you're anxious. Repeat when you're scared. Repeat when you're waiting. He says that one should treat it like a bank account. The more you repeat it, the more you have in your account. 

  I tried this personally, and I find that it is of great value. It helped me go through many tough times. It is not some magic wand which finds solution for all problems. But, there have been times when repeating it has given me the courage to pass through a problem. Waiting has been easier while repeating it. Sometimes, I've found help coming from unforeseen quarters. Of course, I've not yet learnt to repeat it when I'm happy!!!

  Don't wonder how this works. Don't go into the logic of why this should work at all. It works and it works because you believe in it. Yes. Try it for yourself. The longer you're at it, the better it gets. Probably, it goes deep into the subconscious that this mantram will help you tide over issues. Anyway, I suggest to surrender all reasoning and try it for atleast a month before deciding whether it works. And don't fail to let me know.

Happy repeating the mantram!

No comments:

Post a Comment